This episode it is the turn of ‘A Neighbour’s Landmark‘ by M.R. James to receive the critial going-over it deserves at the hands of Will and Mike.
Thanks to Kirsty for the excellent readings!
- ‘”They’ve got him! In the trees!” M.R. James and Sylvan Dread’ by Steve Duffy (Ghosts & Scholars)
- ‘So jarred were all my nerves’ : supernatural shock and traumatic terror in the ghost stories of M.R. James by Ralph Harrington (artificialhorizon.org)
- A close reading of M.R. James’ “A Neighbour’s Landmark.” by Tychy (tychy.wordpress.com)
- Myles Birket Foster and M.R. James (suptales.blogspot.co.uk)
- The interesting career of Lady Theodosia Ivy (roy25booth.blogspot.co.uk)
- The Lady Ivy’s Trial (in ‘Cobbett’s state trials’ – GoogleBooks)
- Possible locations: Betton Wood, Shropshire | Betton Strange Hall, Shropshire (Monty’s World)
- Glenfinlas; or, Lord Ronald’s Coronach by Sir Walter Scott (allpoetry.com)
- Warnings to the Curious, Ed. Rosemary Pardoe & S.T. Joshi (amazon.co.uk)
Contains the essays by Jacquline Simpson and Brian Cowlishaw mentioned in this episode.